In middle eastern countries, fava beans are used in many dishes for example, croquettes(falafel), salads(hul misamis), deep fried in pie dough(Tamiya), Cooked in rice with macaroni(Kushari).
- Recipe for Hul Misamis, Lebanese style
1 can (400g) of Fava beans
4 pieces of garlic
1.5 lemons of lemon juice
Some salt, pepper, minced parsley and olive oil
1. Put the whole can of fava beans including the water in it, in a pot and simmer for 10min.
2. Add garlic and lemon juice in the pot, then add some salt and pepper and simmer for 1-2 min.
3. Turn the heat off and add some parsley.
4. Decorate on a plate white it is still warm and add some olive oil on top.
5. Have it with some bread.
Name: Brown Fava beans
Ingredients: Fava beans, Salt, Citric acid
Net Weight / Gross Weight: 262g / 400g
Manufacturer / Country of Origin: SOCIETE LIBANAISE DE BOISSON BECHIR MECHAALANY & FILS / Lebanon
Importer: M&P Corporation
For preservation, store in a cool and dry place.