Necessary for the famous middle eastern dish Dolma.
Alike rolled cabbage, there are minced meat or pilaf put in the vine leaves and narrowly rolled, then cooked in a pot with soup.
- Recipe for basic Dolma
25 vine leaves
1/2 soup bouillon
1/2 of lemon juice
Some black pepper
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Prepare the stuffings for the vine leaves
- Mince the onion and fry in the pan with olive oil
- Mix half a cup of water, rice, bouillon and back pepper. Then fry them till the water evaporate and the rice gets clear.
- Add minced parsley.
2. Roll into the vine leaf
- Boil the vine leaf for a little while and drain carefully so it won't brake.
- Roll the stuffings into narrow roll.
- Lay the rolls in the bottom of the pot and make sure the surface is covered.
- Add 1 cup of water and 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. Turn the heat on strong till it boils and after boiling turn the heat down to cook slowly. Simmer for 23-30min.
- Turn the heat off, decorate on a plate and sprinkle lemon juice on it.
*It is also nice to add some chicken or put some tomato paste in the soup.
1 jar contains about 13 to 15 vine leaves.
Name: Vine leaves in salted water
Product: Vine leaves, Salt
Net Weight / Gross Weight: 450g / 600g
Manufacturer / Country of Origin: SOCIETE LIBANAISE DE BOISSON BECHIR MECHAALANY & FILS / Lebanon
Imported by: M&P Corporation
For preservation, Store in a cool and dry place. After opening, keep in a refrigerator.
Caution* Cook with heat before eating.